(Mirrored without permission from deleted page originally found at TrainWeb.org/GoldenSpikeRLHS/)
(Return to Index Page)
250 TON WRECKING DERRICK
Former Missouri Pacific X-250 was acquired when the two railroads merged. The derrick was built by American Hoist and Derrick Co. in 1967. It was capable of lifting 250 tons. It was powered by a diesel engine and mainly used to clean up wrecks. It was originally assigned to North Little Rock, Arkansas. It was stored in Salt Lake City in the early 1990' s until donated to the museum by Dennis Durbano.
Used most recently as a power car for the Heber Creeper but originally built for the Navy for use at Mina, NV. (Probably) using an old steam locomotive tender frame and trucks. It was then used at the Freeport Center in Ogden until sold for scrap. The Heber Creeper purchased it from scrap dealer and did the conversion. We are looking for the plow.
UNION PACIFIC ROTARY SNOW PLOW
This piece of equipment was obtained from Spokane Washington. Built by Alco-Rogers in 1912 (C/N #51167) it was originally Oregon, Washington Railway & Navigation Company No. 61 and was based out of Pocatello, Idaho. It spent its working life in the Pacific Northwest, and was heavily rebuilt over the years, receiving a new steel carbody and an elevated pilot cab during a major overhaul in 1951, at which time it also was given a large Vanderbilt tender from a scrapped UP 2-10-2. Retired and donated to the museum in 1978, it is preserved as it appeared at the end of its career, with a six-digit UP MOW number (900061), silver carbody, and red blades. (Information originally published in a two-part article in Railfan & Railroad). It is an oil fired steam powered device with a fuel and water tender. It did not have traction power, which required it to be pushed in front of a locomotive.
UNION PACIFIC CRANE CAR
Donated by the Union Pacific Railroad. It was also an oil fired steam powered piece of equipment.