Union Pacific in Utah, East of Ogden
Index For This Page
This page was last updated on July 10, 2016.
Compiled from handwritten notes, dating from 1978-1988.
(Most of this information was transcribed from handwritten notes taken while doing research in the files of UP's engineering department during 1982-1983, then compiled as a computer file in 1988, with additions through September 1994.)
(The notes from the early 1980s were completed prior to the closure of UP's engineering office in Salt Lake City in about 1984. All files and most personnel were moved to Omaha in 1983-1984. The office was located in the Utah Division offices in the former depot annex building, just south of Union Pacific's Salt Lake City depot. The building was demolished in 1999 to make room for The Gateway Project.)
UP's Original Utah Mainline
- Utah Division was eliminated on April 29, 1986. The new Western Region covers everything west of Green River, Wyoming, and is made up of the new California Division, Idaho Division, and Oregon Division.
UP mainline, Echo/Weber Canyons to Ogden
- Ogden Union Railway & Depot, East Yard (Ogden, Utah) (UP drawing 431-54336, CE drawing 54336, dated March 20, 1944)
- Ogden Union Railway & Depot, Main Yard (Ogden, Utah) (UP CE drawing 81115, dated May 18, 1956)
UP Park City branch
- Retire Grass Creek Branch. (Work Order 8737, dated 2 April 1941)
- Retire and remove Weber Mine Spur (CE drawing 19564; Work Order 6926, dated 1949)
- Retire Broadwater Spur on Park City Branch. (Work Order 11080)
- Retire Park City Consolidated Mines Spur. (CE drawing 19478; Work Order 2833, dated 1954)
UP Ontario Branch