(An unofficial mirrored version of information removed from the official Golden Spike Chapter R&LHS web site; pages removed after August 2013; recovered via Archive.org's Wayback Machine.)
(Return to Index Page)
Air Force Hopper #55175 currently located at the BDO is a pristine example of a pneumatic hopper car. Cars of this type were used for many different commodities as well as railroad construction and the distribution of ballast on roadbeds.
A typical box car of the 1940-1960 era. This car is a UP Class B50-21. During regular service, it was used as a grain car. It was last used in maintenance of way service.
These two former Air Force cars are examples of both an older and newer style box car. The main difference is the type of trucks being used. the newer type is the sleeve or friction bearing trucks and the older type is the roller bearing trucks.
These two cars were once owned by the Wilson Meat Company in Ogden, Utah.
One of two tank cars donated to the museum by the military. It represents a more modern tank car using bulkheads.
One of two tankers donated to the museum by the military. It represents an earlier style tank of singular wall construction without bulkheads.
Flat car #57989 currently located at the BDO were once used at both the old Defense Depot (now the BDO) and Hill AFB. It is currently being used to hold the Bamburger Brill shell.