St. Joseph & Grand Island Wooden Cabooses
St. Joseph & Grand Island Railroad was fully controlled by Union Pacific after June 1885, through majority stock ownership. It entered receivership along with Union Pacific in 1893, and was reorganized as the St. Joseph and Grand Island Railway in February 1897, independent from Union Pacific.
After 1906, Union Pacific held majority control, and in 1923, a direct subsidiary company with the same name was organized. In 1936, the StJ&GI was leased to Union Pacific as part of the larger Unification of Union Pacific controlled companies.
|StJ&GI 18||Dec 1885||34'||Nov 1948||Steel underframe applied, November 1926.|
|StJ&GI 19||Jan 1886||39'3"||Sep 1942||Steel underframe applied, November 1926.|
|StJ&GI 20||Jan 1885||34'||Oct 1939||Steel underframe applied, November 1926.|
|StJ&GI 21||Dec 1885||39'3"||Nov 1948||Steel underframe applied, November 1927.|
|StJ&GI 27||Jul 1902||30'||May 1957||Steel underframe applied, December 1926.|
|StJ&GI 33||Jul 1902||29'9"||Oct 1939||Steel underframe applied, November 1926.|
|StJ&GI 34||Jul 1902||30'||Dec 1949||Steel underframe applied, November 1926.|
|StJ&GI 36||Jul 1902||30'9"||Jan 1959||Steel underframe applied, November 1926.|
|StJ&GI 37||Jul 1902||Feb 1949||Steel underframe applied, July 1927.|
|StJ&GI 40||Preserved at Niwot, Colorado.|
|StJ&GI 42||Sep 1906||Dec 1952|
|StJ&GI 43||Feb 1899||Feb 1950|
|StJ&GI 44||Feb 1899||Mar 1950||Steel underframe applied, November 1926.|
|StJ&GI 45||Feb 1899||Dec 1949||Steel underframe applied, August 1927.|
|StJ&GI 46||Feb 1899||Sep 1957||Steel underframe applied, November 1927.|
|StJ&GI 47||Sep 1907||Apr 1930||Steel underframe applied, November 1927; wrecked.|
|StJ&GI 48||Jul 1908||Oct 1949||Steel underframe applied, October 1927; preserved at the, Forney Museum, Denver, Colorado.|
|StJ&GI 50||Feb 1918||34'8"||May 1949|
|StJ&GI 51||Feb 1918||34'8"||Mar 1959|
|StJ&GI 52||Feb 1918||34'8"||Jul 1957|
|StJ&GI 53||Feb 1918||34'8"||Oct 1956|
|StJ&GI 54||Feb 1918||34'8"||Sep 1957||Donated to Junior Chamber of Commerce, Hastings, Nebraska; displayed with UP 2-8-0 6237; moved to Hansen, Nebraska.|
|StJ&GI 55||Feb 1918||34'8"||Mar 1959|
- According to UP records, StJ&GI cabooses 18-21 were rebuilt by StJ&GI from boxcars in 1910; steel underframes were applied in 1926-1927.
- StJ&GI cabooses 50-55 were purchased secondhand from Union Pacific. Initially used St. J. & G. I. reporting marks; later changed to UP reporting marks.
Wooden Drover Cabooses
|StJ&GI 60||Sep 1884||Pullman Co.||Coach||33||Dec 1928||Sep 1951|
|StJ&GI 61||Feb 1905||Pullman Co.||Coach||34||Jan 1929||Dec 1948|
|StJ&GI 62||Feb 1905||Pullman Co.||Coach||35||Feb 1929||Nov 1951|
|StJ&GI 63||Feb 1905||Pullman Co.||Coach||36||Mar 1929||Nov 1949|