Union Pacific Wooden Passenger Cars
Oregon & Washington Railroad (1907-1910)
This page was last updated on October 30, 2014.
Oregon & Washington Railroad built and operated UP's line between Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington, by a combination of owned (25 miles) and jointly-owned tracks (67 miles), and trackage rights over Northern Pacific (151 miles).
O&W was organized in May 1906; construction started in August 1907.
O&W commenenced operation on January 1, 1910.
O&W was part of the consolidation that formed the Oregon-Washington Railroad & Navigation Company on December 23, 1910.
O&W 1-4 were steel "Postal" cars, built in 1911, renumbered to OWRR&N 8-11 upon delivery or soon after; renumbered to OWRR&N 2153-2156 in the 1915 renumbering.
O&W 50-54 were steel "Baggage" cars, built in 1911, renumbered to OWRR&N 132-136 upon delivery or soon after; renumbered to OWRR&N 1931-1935 in the 1915 renumbering.
Dining, 72' -- 2 cars
|O&W 150||Nov 1910||OWRR&N 511||May 1912||OWRR&N 261||Jul 1915||Jun 1929||to Roadway Boarding 01278|
|O&W 151||Nov 1910||OWRR&N 512||Apr 1911||OWRR&N 262||Feb 1916||Sep 1934|
- Pullman Lot 3835; Pullman Plan 2382 (shared with UP 338-342 and OSL 363-368, and 12 cars for the SP system) (25 cars total)
- Last wooden dining cars received by Associated Lines railroads.
- O&W operation commenced in January 1910; ownership passed to OWRR&N on December 23, 1910, about 6-8 weeks after delivery.
- C.S. Specification 211
- C.S. Class 72-D
- Steel sheathing and steel underframe applied to OWRR&N 261 in March 1922
- Steel sheathing and steel underframe applied to OWRR&N 262 in February 1921
- Source: SP Passenger Cars, Volume 4, page 104-107 (photo of UP 339 on page 106)
- UP Equipment Record: r3-924
O&W 200-210 were steel "Coach" cars, built in 1911, renumbered to OWRR&N 287-297 upon delivery or soon after; renumbered to OWRR&N 882-892 in the 1915 renumbering.