Salt Lake, Garfield & Western Railway
Salt Lake & Los Angeles Railway
Index For This Page
This page was last updated on February 19, 2021.
This road was incorporated in September of 1891 as the Saltair Railway. The name being changed to Salt Lake & Los Angeles Railway in June 1892, and again changed in October 1916 to Salt Lake, Garfield & Western Railway. The name change was to avoid confusion with the Union Pacific subsidiary Los Angeles & Salt Lake Railroad, which itself had been renamed from San Pedro, Los Angeles & Salt Lake RR in August 1916.
Starting out as a steam railroad, it electrified in 1919 (the date most often used being August 4, 1919). Electric passenger operations ended in 1952. In its steam years, the railroad owned a total of three (3) steam locomotives, two bought new in the early days of the road, the third bought second-hand in 1906; all were of the 4-4-0 type.
Steam Locomotives (Salt Lake & Los Angeles Railway)
|1||4-4-0||Rhode Island||2650||May 1892||May 1892||1 Jul 1919||1|
|2||4-4-0||Rhode Island||2930||Apr 1893||6 May 1893||8 Aug 1921||2|
|3||4-4-0||Pittsburgh||732||24 May 1884||22 May 1906||8 Aug 1921||2|
- SL&LA No. 1 was purchased new in May 1892. (16x24 cylinders, 62 inch drivers, engine weight 114,600 pounds, locomotive and tender 154,600 pounds)
No. 1 had been ordered by late March of 1892 (Salt Lake Tribune, March 29, 1892), and had been received in Salt Lake City by May 23rd, 1892 (Salt Lake Tribune, May 23, 1892), and set up; however, since the SL&LA did not yet have track, this engine's trial trips were run on the Rio Grande Western Ry. (George Pitchard)An item in the Tribune of May 28, 1892 reports the engine as having 17x24-inch cylinders and 62-inch drivers, which were painted red. (George Pitchard)
- SL&LA No. 2 was purchased new in May 1893. (16x24 cylinders, 62 inch drivers, engine weight 114,200 pounds, locomotive and tender 154,200 pounds)
- SL&LA No. 3 was built new as Terre Haute & Indianapolis Railroad No. 37, later "Vandalia" No. 404; sold May 18, 1906 to James T. Gardner, a dealer, for $900; sold by Gardner to SL&LA for $2,800, it arrived in Salt Lake City on May 22, 1906. (18x24 cylinders, 64 inch drivers, engine-only 123,000 pounds)
- Source: ICC Form 51, Valuation of Steam Locomotives, and from Poor's 1896 Manual of Railroads, page 346.
- SL&LA No. 1 was scrapped by April 1920.
"Final Report Loco. No. 1 Permanently Retired From Service Account Of Defective Boiler And Will Not Be Used By This Company Again. Dated At Salt Lake City July 1st, 1919." (ICC Final Report, August 15, 1919; research by George Pitchard)"Final Report Locomotive No. 1, Boiler No. 2650 Permanently Retired From Service Date Retired, July 1, 1919 Account Of Defective Boiler Locomotive Has Now Been Scrapped And Sold For Junk. Dated At Salt Lake City, Utah, April 7, 1920." (ICC Final Report, April 9, 1920; research by George Pitchard)
- SL&LA No. 2 and No. 3 were burned in a fire in SL&LA's car barn on August 8, 1921, and retired.
"Final Report - S.L.G.& W. Locomotive No. 2 and No. 3 - permanently retired from service August 8, 1921 account of fire and will not be used again by this company. Dated at Salt Lake City, Utah, August 20, 1921. Locomotives to be sold for junk." (ICC Final Report, August 20, 1921; research by George Pitchard)"The fire in question was the one big fire in this road's history, at the Salt Lake car barn, on August 8, 1921; four of the road's new electric motor cars were destroyed or severely damaged, as well as six coaches, five open cars, the barn, and scads of smaller items common to a shop facility. The loss exceeded $65,000, and some of the rolling stock was never actually replaced. Engine No. 3 was not in service at the date of the fire, and, obviously, never saw service again. No. 2 also appears not to have been in actual service at August 8, 1921, but was probably serviceable when needed - until the fire." (George Pitchard)
Electric Car Roster (As of 1946)
|1, 2||St. Charles Car Co.||1893||1918||1|
|501-505||McGuire-Cummings Car Co.||1918||4|
|M. C. 3||Motor Car||1935||1951||5|
- SLG&W 1 and 2 -- Ex-Michigan Central open vestibule cars; scrapped SLG&W.
- SLG&W 201, passenger trailer; built 1922 by SLG&W; scrapped 1945.
- SLG&W 301-313; built by SLG&W in 1922. Four cars survived. Two were donated to the Sons of the Utah Pioneers in 1959 and displayed at their museum in Corinne, Utah. In 1979 the collection was donated the Heber Creeper group, and the collection was moved in 1980 to Heber, Utah. In 1993, the car marked as SLG&W 306 went to the Western Railway Museum, Rio Vista Junction, California. The other car remained on the old Heber Creeper property and remained in Heber until its condition was reported as beyond restoration; the car was burned (date?) and the metal parts sold for scrap.
The other two were donated by the SLG&W to the Promontory Chapter, National Railway Historical Society, which then donated both cars to the Utah State Railroad Museum, Ogden, Utah.
- SLG&W 500-505 (six cars) were products of the McGuire-Cummings Car Company; they were ordered in 1917 and delivered the following year. In appearance they were perhaps the plainest of all Utah interurban cars, possessing a short high body with a heavy monitor deck roof. Windows were paired with green glass upper sash. The car bodies and underframes were steel, with wood and canvas roofs. Length of body over buffers was 56'-0". Electrical equipment was by General Electric while brakes were Westinghouse. The cars were double-ended and were geared for a balancing speed of about 45 mph. They originally had a tasteful exterior paint job of dark green trimmed with gold, but in later years this gave way to a garish green body, silver roof, and "Saltair" spelled out in huge orange letters.
Six 'steel passenger motor cars' were acquired in mid-1919 from McGuire-Cummings Manufacturing Co., built at its Paris, Illinois, plant; they were shipped via the 'Big Four' road to St. Louis, thence via Missouri Pacific to Pueblo, and Rio Grande to Salt Lake City. Their exact date of arrival in S.L.C. is not known, but it would have been sometime in late May or early June of 1919. These cars were numbered 500-505; three of them, Nos. 501, 504 and 505, were 'destroyed' in the August 8, 1921 fire, and No. 500 damaged. All were eventually rebuilt. (George Pitchard)Cars 501 and 502 were given flat arch roofs in 1950; perhaps this saved them from being scrapped. Their motors were removed and the cars were converted to trailers, being hauled by diesel locomotives. Cars 500, 503, 504 and 505 were scrapped in July 1953 at the American Foundry & Machine Co. in Salt Lake City, along with locomotive 401, the tank car and five open trailers.In the mid-1980s, cars 501 and 502 were sold to Hoskings Helicopter Service. Later the 501 was sold to the new Saltair interests and was on display at the new Saltair. The 501 was scrapped on the site of the new Saltair on October 10-11, 2006. (Stan Jennings, posted to Railway Preservation News, October 12, 2006)SLG&W Coach 502 was sold to a private individual and moved to the site of the original Saltair resort on the south shore of Great Salt Lake, at the wye track near the abandoned substation. Over the next 20 years, it became the target of wedding photographers and graffiti artists. (Dave Wilkinson)On February 18, 2012, SLG&W Coach 502 was loaded on a truck and moved to a local metal salvage yard to be scrapped. The move was at the urging of Salt Lake County officials, who wanted to clean up the area and discourage the rising number of uninvited visitors. The adjacent concrete substation was demolished and cleared from the site in April 2012.
- SLG&W M. C. 3 was built by American Car & Foundry in 1935, order Number 1432 as Seaboard Air Line Railroad 2026, part of a three car order. Sold to the Aberdeen & Rockfish, renumbered 106. To Salt Lake, Garfield & Western in 1951, number M.C.3; sold in 1963 to California Western; numbered as M-300 and is still in operation, as of November 2016.
- Sources include information published by Ira Swett, and comments by Stan Jennings, George Pitchard, and Gilbert Rattenbury in Germany.
SLG&W 711 -- In addition to the equipment from the former interurban era, SLG&W purchased a retired Union Pacific heavyweight, modernized lounge car. The SLG&W number 711 for the passenger car was reportedly picked because Don "Huck" Hogle was going to make it a gambling car. (Railway Preservation News discussion forum, January 31, 2007, reported by Stan Jennings.) (Previously shown as ex UP 1505 [UP 904530], which is at the Oklahoma Railway Museum in Oklahoma City.)
SLG&W 711 is the former UP 4052, built as UP Diner 325 in 1929; renumbered to UP 36-seat Diner 3625 in May 1940; remodeled to UP Buffet Lounge 4052 (2nd) in May 1964. Retired by UP in January 1972.
UP 4052 was one of five Buffet Lounge cars converted by UP in 1964 from 3600-series 36-seat Dining cars, which had already been modernized as what some call "Streamlined Heavyweight."
It has been reported that Hogle was under the impression that he could run a gambling operation, and an over-the-counter liquor service from this railroad car because railroads were under federal ICC jurisdiction, and not subject to State of Utah restrictions of such things.
There is a report that SLG&W 711 was sold to someone in Washington state, and renumbered to SLG&W 100. Photos of what is now identified as Mount Rainier (MSRX) 481, as late as 2018, appears to be the former SLG&W 711. But without documentation of sales between Utah and Washington, it will be difficult to say for certain.
|100||Box car, built for Salt Lake & Utah in 1924; one of a number of cars never received by the SL&U.|
|102, 103||Tank cars acquired 1946 from Chicago.|
|104||30-foot flat car.|
|106||Line car, built on old 30-foot flat; not motorized.|
|107, SL&U 1005||Flat cars.|
|---||Water car, for Pavilion and salt factory; ex-UP tender.|
The following information was posted by Stan Jennings to Railway Preservation News on January 31 and February 2, 2007:
|50||Caboose||Former Union Pacific CA1. Sold by SLG&W, now in Sandy, Utah|
Box Car Double Sheathed -- The boxcar was built as one of an order for the Salt Lake & Utah interurban railroad in 1924. (The Salt Lake & Utah Railroad ran from Salt Lake City, Utah to Payson, Utah. It was abandoned in 1946.) The cars were held on the property of the Salt Lake, Garfield & Western Railroad until paid for, but the Salt Lake & Utah could not pay for the boxcars, so they were eventually resold with the SLG&W purchasing one, the 100. The SLG&W used the car between its station on 1000 West South Temple and Saltair. At the end of service on the SLG&W it had been reduced to hide storage. (Sheep hides were stored in the car until the hides were sold. A very smelly business, the lowest job a boxcar is subjected to.)
In 1979 the boxcar was sold to a Western-theme amusement park near Las Vegas, Nevada. The park was not successful. It was closed in 1986 and the property sold to a real estate company. Salt Lake, Garfield & Western boxcar Number 100 sat abandoned on the property until 1999 when the property was sold again The new owners were going to destroy the historic car but the Heber Valley Railroad rescued it and shipped to Heber City, Utah.
Once on the Heber Valley Railroad property, some work was performed on the car then in 2001 an Eagle Scout project was initiated to repaint and reletter the car to the colors and lettering it had in Las Vegas. The lettering has not been finished.
This new paint is only the third paint and lettering job the car has ever had. The Number 100 was originally painted by the SLG&W with a very large, yellow "SALTAIR" on the left side, all other lettering was gray. Prior to 1963, while in hide service, windows had been cut in the walls and the lettering was all yellow with a small ''The SALTAIR Route'' on the right side. After the car was in Las Vegas, blue was added around the "Saltair".
The car has no brakes and, while it has been used on some photo freight specials in the past, it is now on static display only.
|102||Tank Car||Scrapped SLG&W|
|103||Tank Car||Scrapped SLG&W|
|104||Flat Car||Scrapped SLG&W|
|106||Line Car||Built on 30 ft Flat Car; scrapped SLG&W|
|107||Flat Car||Scrapped SLG&W|
|108||Box Car||Outside Braced; unknown origin; scrapped by the SLG&W after 1983|
|401||Locomotive||Electric Freight Locomotive. Built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in June 1920, #53288, as Salt Lake & Utah 104. Purchased by SLG&W in March 1946 when SL&U closed. SLG&W reversed the number. Scrapped in July 1953.|
|1005||Flat Car||Ex-SL&U; possibly the car scrapped by the SLG&W after 1983|
|507188||Box Car||Ex-UP; 50 Ft., sliding door; on SLG&W property as of early 2007|
|???||Water Car||Ex UP tender; scrapped SLG&W|
|???||Flat Car||Ex UP; 50 ft., cast frame; on SLG&W property as of early 2007|
|???||Caboose||Morrison Knudsen 5235901. Originally Northern Pacific, then MK. To Promontory Chapter, NRHS. Donated to SLG&W for restoration, which never happened. Sold, now restored and on display in Mt. Pleasant, Utah.|
|D.S. 1||GE 44 ton||15032||15 Aug 1942||NYO&W 105||Dec 1951||before Sep 1997||1|
|D.S. 2||GE 44 ton||15028||13 Dec 1941||NYO&W 101||Dec 1951||2|
|D.S. 3||GE 45 ton||27597||May 1944||USATC 8519||Aug 1972||Jul 1979||3|
|D.S. 4||Alco S-6||81290||May 1955||SP 1207||Dec 1978||26 May 1998||4|
|D.S. 5||GE 65 ton||15889||Feb 1943||USATC 7162||Sep 1980||2007||5|
|D.S. 6||GE 80 ton||28476||Jul 1946||CC 11||Nov 1982||(late 1985)||6|
|D.S. 7||EMD SW9||13212||Aug 1951||BN 160||Oct 1985||Jul 1988||7|
|D.S. 8||EMD SW1200||(7696-5)||GWRX 2254||Sep 1997||Jun 2000||8|
|D.S. 9||EMD/UP SW10||UP 1230||Feb 2000||31 Dec 2019||9|
|D.S. 10||EMD/UP SW10||UP 1274 (2nd)||Feb 2000||31 Dec 2019||10|
|DS-11||EMD MP15AC||756064-51||Sep 1975||UPY 1484||Jun 2017||11|
|DS-12||EMD MP15DC||787185-5||Oct 1979||ME 2378||Oct 2019||12|
|DS-13||EMD GP39-2||796342-6||Oct 1980||SSRX 1088||Nov 2019||13|
|G-4||Plymouth ML-3||4161||May 1941||USA 7694||before 1958||Mar 1958||14|
Former Kansas City Terminal SW1200 71 (EMD 29240, 7/64) and 74 (EMD 29243, 7/64) were leased to SLG&W in early 1986 as part of their contract with ARGEE Corporation for switching cars of hazardous waste being removed from Vitro tailings site in South Salt Lake City, and at the Clive disposal site, 76 miles west of the Vitro mill site. Both units arrived on SLG&W property in February 1986. Number 71 was used at the Vitro mill site, and number 74 was used at the Clive disposal site. The lease on the two SW1200s ended after the last rail car was loaded at the Vitro mill site in late November 1986. Both locomotives were seen at VMV Enterprises at Paducah, Kentucky, in April 1988, and as late as early October 1988. They were sold to Elgin Joilet & Eastern 322 and 323 in early 1989.
- D.S. 1 and D.S. 2 were GE 44-ton center-cab switching locomotives; built as New York, Ontario & Western 105 and 101; sold to Hyman-Michaels (dealer) in December 1951; sold to SLG&W in December 1951.
- D.S. 1 (44T) was painted orange with yellow stripes; repainted in October 1973 as orange with white stripes and silver trucks; repainted in December 1975 to Bicentennial colors, still in red, white and blue colors by May 1983.
- D.S. 2 (44T) was painted green with gold stripes. D.S. 2 was used as part of a contract with ARGEE Corporation to switch cars of hazardous waste being removed from Vitro tailings site in South Salt Lake City in 1985-1986, replaced after damage to one engine.
- D.S. 3 (45T) was a GE 45-ton center-cab switching locomotive, "drop-cab" style with side rods; built as U. S. Army Transportation Corps 8519, delivered to Hawkins Point, Maryland; used in France during WWII; rebuilt at Fort Hollibird, Maryland, later used at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, by September 1, 1960; stored at Defense Depot Ogden and Hill Air Force Base until sold as surplus to Houston Truck & Equipment Co. (dealer); sold to SLG&W on August 15, 1972; painted red with white stripes.
D.S. 3 was leased to Utah Power & Light from January to December 1978 for $25.00 per day.D.S. 3 was retired in July 1979 and sold to Noth, Inc. (dealer), on July 16, 1979; sold to Virginia Central at Fredricksburg, Virginia; sold to Pittsburgh, Allegheny & McKees Rocks Railroad at McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania; sold to S&W Construction of Provo, Utah, moved back to Utah and used during the construction of the Leamington cement plant; sold to Martin Marietta by March 1982; replaced by a red 45-ton of different design in 1989, further disposition unknown.
- D.S. 4 (S-6) was built as SP 1040, renumbered to SP 1207; sold to Chrome Crankshaft; sold to SLG&W on 5 December 1978.
- D.S. 5 (65T) was built as U. S. Army Transportation Corp 7162; stored at Defense Depot Ogden; sold to Surplus Wholesalers, Inc. (dealer), Salt Lake City, Utah, August 27, 1980; sold to SLG&W on September 2, 1980, shipped to SLG&W on September 12, 1980, purchase price from DDO was $31,368.89; in service as SLG&W D. S. 5, in black paint, by February 1981; painted full SLG&W white with red and blue stripes by May 1982.
D.S. 5 was used as part of a contract with ARGEE Corporation to switch cars of hazardous waste being removed from Vitro tailings site in South Salt Lake City in 1985-1986, replacing D.S. 2 which had engine problems; returned to SLG&W in 1986 and used in regular service until at least 2000.
- D.S. 6 (80T) was built as Columbia Steel number 11 at Pittsburg, California, to U. S. Steel (same location), transferred to U. S. Steel Torrance, California; USS-Torrance closed in 1980; sold to Chrome Crankshaft number 11 by November 1982; sold to SLG&W and delivered to SLG&W at Gadsby by May 1983; painted white with red and blue stripes in May 1984.
- D.S. 7 (SW9) was built as CB&Q 9269, to BN 160; to OmniTrax; to SLG&W D. S. 7 in October 1985.
- D.S. 8 (SW1200) was built as SSW 1066, to SSW 2254; sold to OmniTrax and numbered as Great Western (GWRX) 2254; to SLG&W in September 1997 (frame number 7696-5); lease expired and returned to OmniTrax about June 2000, stored at SLG&W Salt Lake City yard.
- D.S. 9 (SW10) was built as UP SW9 1833 in April 1953, rebuilt by UP to SW10 1230 in February 1982, retired by UP in July 1998; sold to Connell Finance in July 1998; leased to SLG&W in December 1999; in service starting in February 2000. (see STB Recordation 22605, dated December 6, 1999; lease extended in five-year increments through December 31, 2019)
- D.S. 10 (SW10) was built as UP SW9 1851 in October 1953, rebuilt by UP to SW10 1215 in January 1981, retired by UP in July 1998; sold to Connell Finance in July 1998; leased to SLG&W in December 1999; in service starting in February 2000. (see STB Recordation 22605, dated December 6, 1999; lease extended in five-year increments through December 31, 2019)
- DS-11 (MP15AC) was built as SP 2756 in September 1975; to UP at merger in 1996; to UPY 1484 on 30 June 2005; retired by UP on 16 May 2016; sold to S&S Sales and Leasing (SSRX); leased to SLG&W as DS-11, to Utah in early June 2017. (locomotive history from Mark Mautner, email dated May 25, 2017)
- DS-12 (MP15DC) was built as Southern Railway 2378 in October 1979; renumbered to Norfolk Southern 2378 at Sou/N&W merger in 1982; sold in August 2016 to Morristown & Erie Railway (ME; Morristown, New Jersey) 2378; sold in May 2019 to Metro East Industries (MEI), East St. Louis, Illinois, moved from Morristown, to MEI in mid May 2019; sold in June 2019 to S&S Sales & Leasing as SSRX 2378 (SLG&W DS-12). DS-12 was seen at Topeka, Kansas, October 30, 2019, en route to Utah, painted and lettered as SLG&W DS-12 (SSRX reporting mark) (Doug Gartner photos at Topeka; courtesy of Jacob Lyman via Facebook). (Additional history courtesy of Matt Liverani via Facebook, and Mark Mauter and Bruce Mercer emails dated May 14 and October 3, 2019)
- DS-13 (GP39-2) was built as Kennecott Copper Corporation 710; sold in about 2008 to Rawhide Short Line 1088 at Platte River Power Authority's Rawhide Power Station near Wellington, Colorado (north of Fort Collins); sold to S&S Sales and Leasing (SSRX); seen in-transit at Speer, Wyoming on BNSF on September 27, 2019; arrived at SLG&W in Salt Lake City on October 17, 2019, painted and numbered as SLG&W DS-13 during second week of November.
- D. S. 1 (44T) was sold to a private owner in 1997; stored on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, located in Lake Placid, New York by September 8, 1997; sold to the Southern Railroad Company of New Jersey at Winslow Junction, New Jersey, and repainted in October 2006 back to New York, Ontario & Western number 105; sold to New York, Ontario & Western Historical Society in Fall 2016 after the private owner passed away; moved by truck on December 27-28, 2017 from New Jersey to Steamtown National Historic Site, Scranton, Pennsylvania, for restoration.
- D.S. 2 (44T) was donated to Promontory Chapter, NRHS; donated to Feather River Rail Society and stored at Portola Railroad Museum in Portola, California; traded in May 2005 to Bay Area Electric Railroad Association for preservation at its Western Railway Museum at Rio Vista Junction, California.
- D.S. 3 (45T) was sold to Virginia Central (assigned VC 105) in July 1979; still unlettered by June 1980 when it was sold to Pittsburgh, Allegheny & McKees Rocks Railroad as their no. 14 (briefly numbered as PA&MR 4545 for movement from VC to PA&MR) (photo as PA&MR 14 in Extra 2200 South, Issue 77, October-November-December 1982, page 33); sold to S&W Construction Co., at Provo, Utah; sold to Martin Marietta cement plant, located at Mart-Mar, Utah, along UP's Provo Subdivision, seen there on March 6, 1982; cement plant (and locomotive) leased to Southwestern Portland Cement in April 1984; cement plant (and locomotive) sold to Ash Grove Cement in May 1989; ex SLG&W D.S. 3 gone by June 1992, replaced by a red GE 45 Ton (GE 30481, Nov 1949); later disposition for D.S. 3 unknown. (part from Locomotive Notes II, Number 125, page 6)
- D.S. 4 (S-6) was sold in November 2000 to a partnership that moved the locomotive in December 2001 to Fillmore & Western Railroad at Santa Paula, California; moved to California riding on rebuilt trucks with roller bearings, as Short Line Enterprises (SLEX) 1040 road number; owned by Siskiyou Railway Equipment LLC and leased to Fillmore & Western.
- D.S. 5 (65T) was sold to Union Tank Car at Evanston, Wyoming, by 2007, numbered as 1303. Still at Evanston in May 2019, possibly donated to the City of Evanston, displayed at the roundhouse.
- D.S. 6 (80T) was leased in June 1985 to the Broken Arrow, Inc., at Clive, Utah, subcontractor to ARGEE Corporation for the disposal of the Vitro mill tailings; broken wheel; scrapped at Clive site. Replaced in February 1986 at Clive by leased ex-KCT SW1200 74. (Read more about the Vitro tailings cleanup)
- D.S. 7 (SW9) was sold to J. R. Simplot at Don, Idaho; shipped on July 19, 1988, where it replaced RS32 4004. (Locomotive Notes II, Number 116, page 7)
- D.S. 8 (SW1200) lease expired and returned to OmniTrax about June 2000, stored at SLG&W Salt Lake City yard; sold to S & S Shortline Leasing LLC (Farmington, Utah) in August 2010, stored at SLG&W Salt Lake City yard; sold to Cargill (CRGX) 2254, in early April 2011, moved on April 19, 2011; seen working at Cargill at Princeton, Indiana, in May 2011. (Locomotive Notes II, Number 198, September-October 1997, page 20; Locomotive Notes II, Number 210, April-May-June 2000, in TRP, page 64; 2011 update from Trainorders.com on April 19, 2011)
- D.S. 9 (SW10) was in service until December 31, 2019, on a recurring five-year lease from Connell Finance; sold to Motive Power Resources, Inc., on November 1, 2019; sold to S&S Sales and Leasing (SSRX) in December 2019.
- D.S. 10 (SW10) was in service until December 31, 2019, on a recurring five-year lease from Connell Finance; sold to Motive Power Resources, Inc., on November 1, 2019; sold to S&S Sales and Leasing (SSRX) in December 2019; as of mid September 2020, the former DS-10 was in service at Scoular Grain, just north of Adrian, Missouri.
- DS-11 (MP15AC) (in service, June 2017)
- DS-12 (MP15DC) (in service, October 2019)
- DS-13 (GP39-2) (in service, November 2019)
- G-4 (ML-3) was built as U. S. Army 7694 (initial assignment to Salt Lake City Air Base), Plymouth model ML-3 (four-wheel, diesel-mechanical); to SLG&W number G-4; to Utah Power & Light (no number) in March 1958, used to switch coal cars at Hale plant at mouth of Provo Canyon; transferred to Gadsby Plant in Salt Lake City in 1973; retired from Gadsby Plant in June 1977; sold to Southern San Luis Valley, Blanca, Colorado, out of service by 1980, with missing engine. (information from Norm Metcalf, Bob Lehmuth, and Ken Ardinger)